Sept 2019 – PRESENT
Started out managing the social media and website of this local cooperative food delivery organization working directly with local food producers and community volunteers, now the head of IT and leading the team’s online presence in bringing organic deliveries to customers across Oxfordshire.
- Created and set up a direct debit system from scratch, allowing Cultivate to automate their ordering system.
- Designed and set up data entry record keeping and process weekly orders, volunteer deliveries and comms.
- Coordinated with Cultivate staff members and over 20 volunteers to increase our capacity as an organization from 25 orders a week to over 250 in two weeks at the beginning of the Coronavirus crisis.
- Support the team in stock and sales management, logistical troubleshooting, tech and customer support.
Sept 2019 – Dec 2019
Working with Independent Oxford to set up a much needed retail space for indie businesses in the heart of Oxford, providing business support and promotion to help small businesses develop sustainably in a challenging retail environment.
- Created a successful crowdfunding campaign to finance the project.
- Spearheaded shop fit, transforming the space into one that matched business needs and visual marketing.
- Coordinated with over 20 independent businesses to provide stock for the shop and to manage staffing and logistical support.
- Manage the events calendar of the shop and adjoining workshop spaces.
- Manage the daily operations of the space, including communications with traders and the Covered Market, stock and sales management, logistical troubleshooting and customer support.
July – Sept 2019
A two week pop up health & wellbeing space set up in the Pavillion in Florence Park as an outreach programme to support wellbeing practitioners and bring support to the local community. Included workshops, yoga, massage, acupuncture, creative writing, mindfulness and much more.
- Successfully coordinated the set-up and daily operations of the project, creating a campaign that resulted in a very popular full schedule of workshops, sessions, and talks.
- Managed all communications with over 20 practitioners, building management and the community in regards to the project.
- Set up the space to transform it into one that suited the needs of the project and curated a feeling of wellbeing.
- Managed the bookings calendar of the project for 6 weeks prior to pop-up and during the 2 week run.
- Created artwork and graphics for online and print marketing.
Jan – Sept 2019
Independent cafe on Iffley road with adjoining guesthouse, managed and run as a family business by Jess McHugh for the past 3 years. Established as a guest house in East Oxford in 1968. Well known for delicious baked goods, laid back feel, locally sourced seasonally changing menu and their cat, Rosie.
- Created graphics, media and digital support for revamping online presence of both businesses.
- Created a guest info pack for the hotel, including a guide to the local area, information about the facilities and useful information about the building and local transportation.
- Currently create monthly events calendars for the cafe.
- Worked for 1 month in the cafe to better understand how the businesses work together and support the team in building a stronger marketing model.
July 2018 – July 2019
Smoke and Thyme is Oxford’s premiere nomadic supper club, popping up all around town to serve mouth-watering dishes around a communal table. Last year they launched a 3 month Autumn pop-up restaurant with a seasonal, a la carte menu.
- Managed and ran 54 catering events during the year, over 2/3 of which were fully sold out events, including a 3-month pop-up restaurant run, supper clubs, weddings, street food events, themed costume parties and private dinners.
- Ran all admin and communications for the company, including booking management, social media and email correspondence, and run a weekly mailing list to update guests on news and market future events.
- Designed all the creative content for the company, both digital and print, including all posters, menus, website, graphics, blog posts, mailing lists, flyers and responsible for concept design, fabrication of event decorations, invitations, and props.
- Responsible for recruitment, operations, and HR, with full autonomy over all hiring procedures and executive rights over candidate selection, training and dismissal. Designated personal license holder for all events.
- Front of House Manager for catering events with silver service waiting. In charge of all staff, venue organization and management, and service guidelines.
Fried Chicken street food @ Tap Social Movement
3 month Autumn Pop-up Restaurant
Bacchanal (Fantasy garden party & BBQ)